You may use chemicals for a range of purposes, including paper production and cleaning. REACH regulations applies to chemical substances contained in finished products or articles, whether you are manufacturing or supplying them within the EU, or importing them from outside the EU.
Paper is classed as an article under the REACH Regulation.
It is not uncommon for chemicals such as pesticides and biocidal products to be present in paper and paper based products. In addition to this, chemicals such as azo dyes are likely to be present in coloured paper.
Chemical testing can confirm compliance of paper and paper based products with regulations such as REACH and regulations such as EN71 parts 9, 10 & 11 (Toy Directive) which covers azo dyes.
Eurofins | BLC offer the following chemical tests and analysis for paper and paper products:
- Azo Dyes
- Proposition 65 Screen
- REACH Screen
- Flame Retardants
Why choose Eurofins | BLC to conduct your chemical testing and analysis?
- One of the fastest testing laboratories in Europe
- Experts in chemical testing and compliance – over 90 years experience
- Technical support and guidance if and when failures occur
- Solutions to cleanse and reduce toxic chemicals from your supply chain
- Expert advice and solutions on legislation and supply chain compliance
- Access to chemical supply chain specifications