Press Release | 14 November 2016
‘BLC’ is a name you can trust in the leather testing arena. As a measurement of BLC’s technical capabilities, we ensure our testing services are accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), the national accreditation body to the ISO 17025 standard. All accreditations provide verification of BLC’s technical competence and integrity as an industry leading UK-based test house. BLC is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory, reference no. 0076.
BLC have significantly expanded their accredited testing portfolio to include 23 new methods in leather testing, textile and upholstery testing and chemical compliance testing. Newly accredited tests include:
- Cold crack resistance – BS EN ISO 17233:2002
- Blocking – ASTM D6116-00
Textile & Upholstery Tests
- Upholstered furniture ignitability – BS EN 1021-1:2014, BS EN 1021-2:2014
- Flammability testing – TB117, 16 CFR 1610, 16 CFR 1630, 16 CFR 1631
- Determination of elasticity of fabrics (elongation test) – BS EN 14704-1:2005, Method A
- Seam slippage – BS EN ISO 13936-2:2004
- Oil repellency (hydrocarbon resistance test) – AATCC 118-2013
- Abrasion resistance – Martindale method – BS EN ISO 12947-2:1998
- Colour fastness to domestic and commercial laundering (colour fastness to washing) – BS EN ISO 105-C06:2010
Chemical Compliance Tests
- Alkylphenol ethoxylates – BS EN ISO 18218-1:2015, BS EN ISO 18254-1:2016
- pH – BS EN ISO 3071:2006
- Formaldehyde – BS EN ISO 14184-1:2011
- 4-aminazobenzene – BS EN ISO 17234-2:2011, BS EN ISO 14362-3:2012
- Fungicide analysis – BS EN ISO 13365:2011
- Chlorinated Phenol analysis – BS EN ISO 17070:2015
- Total Metals – BS EN ISO 17072-2:2011
- Organotins – PD CEN/ISO TS 16179:2012
Do you want fast and reliable results you can trust?
Contact BLC for your product testing needs via email to email@example.com or telephone their UK-based test house directly on +44 (0)1604 679999.